Through this Policy, the 'Academic Association (CDI&E 2017)' regards personal information of the users as important and inform them of the purpose and method of Academic Association's using the personal information provided by the users and the measures taken by the 'Academic Association' for protection of those personal information.
This Policy will be effective on the 1st day of October, 2016 and, in case of modification thereof, the 'Academic Association' will make public notice of it through posting it on the bulletin board of Academic Association's website or individual notice through sending mails, fax or e-mails).
(1) Personal information items to be collected Personal information items to be collected by the 'Academic Association' are as follows:
• Information provided by the users
The 'Academic Association' may collect the information directly provided by the users.
Online registration and payment service, Online Abstract Submission service
- Online registration and payment service : Name, Nation, Affiliation, Department, Position, Telephone number, Email Address, Currency, Fee, How to pay(Bank or Card)
- Online Abstract Submission service : Name, Nation, Affiliation, Department, Position, Telephone number, Email Address, Title, Author, Topic, Presentation Preference, Abstract File
• Information collected while the users use services
Besides of information directly provided by the users, the 'Academic Association' may collect information in the course that the users use the service provided by the 'Academic Association'
- Log information : IP
(2) Method of collection
The 'Academic Association' collects the information of users in a way of the followings:
- Online registration service, Online Abstract Submission service (written form)
The 'Academic Association' uses the collected information of users for the following purposes:
- Participants management and identification
- Abstract(Paper) and Progam management and identification
- Performance of contract and service fee settlement regarding provision of services demanded by the users
The 'Academic Association' agrees that it will obtain consent from the users, if the 'Academic Association' desires to use the information other than those expressly stated in this Policy.
Except for the following cases, the 'Academic Association' will not share personal information with a 3rd party:
• when the 'Academic Association' shares the information with its affiliates, partners and service providers;
- When the Academic Association's PG partners and service providers carry out services such as bill payment, execution of orders for and on behalf of the Company
• when the users consent the sharing in advance;
- None of these cases
• when the sharing is required by the laws
- if required to be disclosed by the laws and regulations; or
- if required to be disclosed by the investigative agencies for detecting crimes in accordance with the procedure and method as prescribed in the laws and regulations
The 'Academic Association' may collect collective and impersonal information through 'cookies' or 'web beacons'.
Cookies are very small text files to be sent to the browser of the users by the server used for operation of the websites of the 'Academic Association' and will be stored in hard-disks of the users' computer. Web beacon is a small quantity of code which exists on the websites and e-mails. By using web beacons, we may know whether a user has interacted with certain webs or the contents of email.
These functions are used for evaluating, improving services and setting-up users' experiences so that much improved services can be provided by the 'Academic Association' to the users
The items of cookies to be collected by the 'Academic Association' and the purpose of such collection are as follows:
- None of these cases (This website does not collect cookies)
The users have an option for cookie installation. So, they may either allow all cookies by setting option in web browser, make each cookie checked whenever it is saved, or refuses all cookies to be saved: Provided that, if the user rejects the installation of cookies, it may be difficult for that user to use the parts of services provided by the 'Academic Association'.
The users or their legal representatives, as main agents of the information, may exercise the following options regarding the collection, use and sharing of personal information by the 'Academic Association':
• exercise right to access to personal information;
• make corrections or deletion;
• make temporary suspension of treatment of personal information; or
• request the withdrawal of their consent provided before
If, in order to exercise the above options, you, as an user, use the menu of 'amendment of member information of webpage or contact the 'Academic Association' by using representative telephone or sending a document or e-mails, or using telephone to the responsible department (or person in charge of management of personal information), the 'Academic Association' will take measures without delay: Provided that the 'Academic Association' may reject the request of you only to the extent that there exists either proper cause as prescribed in the laws or equivalent cause.
The 'Academic Association' regards the security of personal information of uses as very important. The company constructs the following security measures to protect the users' personal information from any unauthorized access, release, use or modification
• Encryption of personal information
- Store important information such as passwords after encrypting it
• Countermeasures against hacking
- Install a system in the zone the external access to which is controlled so as to prevent leakage or damage of users' personal information by hacking or computer virus
- Web Hosting : Gabia Inc.
• Establish and execute internal management plan
• Install and operate access control system
• Take measures to prevent forging or alteration of access record
In principle, the 'Academic Association' does not collect any information from the children under 19 or equivalent minimum age as prescribed in the laws in relevant jurisdiction. The website, products and services of the 'Academic Association' are the ones to be provided to ordinary people, in principle. The website or application of the 'Academic Association' has function to do age limit so that children cannot use it and the 'Academic Association' does not intentionally collect any personal information from children through that function.
(Additional procedure for collecting personal information from children) However, if the 'Academic Association' collects any personal information from children under 19 or equivalent minimum age as prescribed in the laws in relevant jurisdiction for the services for unavoidable reason, the 'Academic Association' will go through the additional procedure of the followings for protecting that personal information of children:
• When the child is registered immediately deleted.
The 'Academic Association' has the right to amend or modify this Policy from time to time and, in such case, the 'Academic Association' will make a public notice of it through bulletin board of its website (or through individual notice such as written document, fax or e-mail) and obtain consent from the users if required by relevant laws.
• All personal information will not be sent anywhere else besides reading of the secretariat.
The 'Academic Association' designates the following department and person in charge of personal information in order to protect personal information of customers and deal with complaints from customers:
• Department responsible for privacy protection and customer service :
Address : School of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Seoul National University
Tel. : +82-2-880-8927
The latest update date : 1 October, 2016